The 5 Best Diabetic Lotions to Relieve Dry and Itchy Skin – Skin is also impacted by diabetes. Over time, the skin becomes drier due to high blood sugar levels. Too dry skin loses its natural barrier of protection and is more prone to a variety of problems, such as dryness, itching, rashes, flaking, peeling, open sores, infections, and other issues.
The 5 Best Diabetic Lotions to Relieve Dry and Itchy Skin
Professionally created diabetic lotions are designed to treat these typical diabetic skin issues and help counteract the effects of diabetes on the skin.
What distinguishes regular lotion from diabetic lotion?
To be really honest, the term “diabetes lotions” is more of a brand name. There are no skincare solutions for diabetics that can solve all of their skin issues at once. A body lotion’s inclusion of the term “diabetes” serves as a marketing ploy to raise the price above competing generic moisturisers.
However, due of their delicate and sensitive skin, diabetics do need lotions with certain properties.
Diabetic skin creams must be kind and non-aggressive. Typically, they don’t include any irritants like parabens, chemicals, perfumes, or allergies.
In order to avoid contributing to additional issues, lotions for the dry skin of diabetics should be nourishing but not too oily.
Aloe vera and other relaxing and soothing components are often included in them as well, which helps to relieve any skin irritations, redness, itching, or other discomforts brought on by diabetes.
Why does dry skin occur in diabetics?
Your likelihood of getting dry, itchy skin rises if you have diabetes. Dehydration of the body and skin may be brought on by persistently high blood sugar levels and decreased blood circulation.
In addition to skin rashes and other diabetes-related skin diseases including acanthosis nigerians, diabetic dermopathy, necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorum, diabetic blisters, digital sclerosis, and others, this often causes dryness and itching.
Is itchy skin a sign of diabetes?
People with diabetes have a higher risk of having itchy skin and skin rashes, and itchy skin may be a sign of diabetes.
Itchiness can come from various diabetes complications but the link between itchy skin and diabetes isn’t clear. Itchy diabetic skin may be caused by high blood sugar levels, skin dehydration, diabetic peripheral neuropathy, poor blood circulation, high levels of cytokines, kidney or liver failure, or others.
If you have diabetes, do not ignore skin problems. Dry and itchy skin can lead to open sores and infections which can quickly escalate into serious complications for diabetics. Ask for your doctor’s advice before applying any diabetic lotion.
The 5 Best Diabetic Lotions
1. Gold Bond Diabetics’ Dry Skin Relief Lotion
- Includes one (1) 18-oz. pump bottle of Gold Bond Hydrating Lotion Diabetics' Dry Skin Relief
- Nine out of 10 people with diabetes saw noticeable skin improvement in one hour
- Gold Bond Diabetics' Dry Skin Lotion soothes dry skin with aloe and 3 nourishing vitamins
- Gold Bond Diabetics' Dry Skin Lotion adds nourishing moisture for 24 hours
- This skin-hydrating lotion has been tested by dermatologists and is hypoallergenic
The most well-liked lotion for diabetics is Dry Skin Relief Lotion by Gold Bond Ultimate Diabetic. It has been dermatologically tested, is hypoallergenic, and is fragrance-free and particularly made for diabetics.
It offers wetness for a full 24 hours. It has a fantastic recipe that combines 7 moisturisers, emollients, and humectants, together with 3 vitamins, to restore and profoundly hydrate dry skin. If your skin is irritated, the aloe vera it contains also has a powerful calming effect.
For diabetics with normal to dry skin and minor irritation, this moisturiser is excellent. Daily usage is possible, and the pump bottle is quite useful. A very well-liked diabetic foot lotion is also sold by Gold Bond.
2. CeraVe Diabetic Lotion for Dry Skin
- [ DIABETIC DRY SKIN CREAM ] Non-greasy, fast-absorbing CeraVe Moisturizing Cream for those with dry skin from Diabetes. Moisturizes & helps to soothe diabetics’ dry skin at application. 90% of users tested said that their skin felt immediately smoother.
- [ 48-HOUR HYDRATION ] Formulated with Urea to help attract and retain moisture and Bilberry as a source of antioxidants. Features patented MVE Technology to deliver hydrating ingredients throughout the day and provide 48 hour moisturization.
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] A deficiency in Ceramides can be associated with dry skin, making it itchy and flakey. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier.
- [ DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more.
- [ GENTLE ON SKIN ] Fragrance free, paraben-free, non-comedogenic, and free of drying alcohol
Dermatologists created CeraVe Diabetics’ Dry Skin Relief Lotion as a body moisturiser and soother for persons with diabetic skin issues. The proprietary Multivesicular Emulsion technology from CeraVe powers this lotion (MVE).
Multi-layered vesicles trap the substances, which are then gradually released to the skin over time. It enables more extensive hydration (up to 48-hours according to the manufacturer).
The strong humectant urea, which can collect moisture from the air and bring it to the skin, is present in significant amounts in this diabetic lotion. It also functions as an emollient, softening thick, rough, or calloused skin.
Not to mention, CeraVe’s lotion is loaded with vital ceramides to support the restoration of the skin’s barrier against pathogens, outside pollutants, and toxins.
3. Eucerin Intensive Repair Body Lotion
- 24 Hour Hydration: Eucerin Intensive Repair body lotion for sensitive dry skin immediately restores skin’s radiance and delivers 24 hour hydration
- 3 Dimensional Formula: This Eucerin lotion for dry skin has a 3-dimensional system that moisturizes, exfoliates and conditions very dry, flaky skin
- Free Of: This paraben free body lotion is also fragrance free and dye free, and is gentle enough for use as a daily skin repair lotion for very dry skin
- Convenient Pump Bottle: Eucerin body lotion pump bottle makes storage easy, and makes it simple to pump and apply anytime
- Includes one (1) 16.9 fluid ounce pump bottle of Eucerin Intensive Repair Body Lotion
Despite not being specifically designed for diabetics, Eucerin Intensive Repair body lotion is one of the most widely used body lotions for very dry skin and is ideal for the delicate skin of diabetics. It is soft yet highly effective.
Eucerin skincare products are dermatologist-tested, dye-free, fragrance-free, paraben-free, and suitable for sensitive skin. Keep in mind that diabetes and high blood sugars damage your skin. Skincare products for diabetics should be mild and free of chemicals and other harmful substances since their skin is often more sensitive.
To treat very dry and flaky skin, this lotion is a deep body moisturiser. To hydrate, exfoliate, and condition the skin, it offers a “3-dimensional” effect. The skin’s look improves right quickly, and the dryness only lasts a few days after application.
4. Ease-Z Zinc Diabetics’ Dry Skin Therapy Lotion
- EASE-Z DIABETICS’ LOTION FOR DRY SKIN GIVES EXTRA MOISTURE AND FAST RELIEF FOR ROUGH, DRY, IRRITATED SKIN.
- DIABETIC LOTION WITH ZINC—Gives long-lasting moisture to diabetics’ dry skin and helps the healing of minor sores and wounds.
- MORE MOISTURIZING WITH SHEA BUTTER—With skin nourishing benefits, it helps relieve the discomfort of dry, cracked, itchy skin.
- DIABETIC SKIN CARE—Formulated specifically for dry and extra-dry diabetic skin using moisture retaining ingredients including Glycerin and Dimethicone to deliver deep hydration and protection.
- HEALING FOR OVER 30 YEARS—BIOTONE, the creator of EASE-Z, has been providing health and wellness products to massage therapists, spa professionals, and health and wellness centers for over three decades.
For anyone with dry skin that has cracks or small sores, Ease-Z Diabetics’ Dry Skin Therapy Lotion is excellent. Too dry skin often peels or splits, which may result in microscopic open wounds. In addition to hurting, it may result in infections and further skin problems.
One of the key active elements in this diabetic lotion is zinc. Numerous advantages of zinc for healthy skin exist. In addition to assisting in the battle against bacterial infections, it also effectively reduces redness and itching and has potent anti-inflammatory qualities.
Shea butter, coconut oil, lecithin, and glycerin are among the four moisturisers, humectants, and emollients that are included in this body lotion. It provides long-lasting dryness and itch relief by thoroughly moisturising the skin.
5. Curel Itch Defense Calming Body Lotion
- RELIEF FROM ITCHY SKIN - Curél Itch Defense is clinically proven to relieve dry, itchy skin, and help to control flare-ups.
- SKIN MOISTURIZER - Restores the skin's' moisture barrier to prevent irritation from returning
- SAFE FOR MOST SKIN TYPES - Suitable for use on babies 6 months and up
- ECZEMA RELIEF TREATMENT - Soothes eczema-prone skin; Granted the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance
- SKIN REPAIR - With Advanced Ceramide Complex, the lotion rebalances ceramide levels, pH levels, moisture levels and cellular turnover
Despite not being specifically made for diabetic skin, Curél Itch Defense Calming Body Lotion is the best and most widely used skin lotion for very itchy skin. The National Eczema Association has formally approved it since it has been clinically shown to cure severe itching and dryness.
In addition to relieving itching’s symptoms, Curél’s body lotion deeply hydrates and moisturises the skin to address the issue at its source and stop it from recurring. Ceramides are also present, helping to adjust the pH levels of the skin and restore the skin’s protective barrier.
It may be used to even the most delicate skin types, such as the skin of newborns and diabetics.
How may diabetic skin problems be avoided?
High blood sugar levels are the primary cause of the majority of diabetic skin problems. When your haemoglobin A1C levels return to normal, skin issues often go as well. Lowering blood sugar levels is the first step in avoiding or treating diabetic skin problems.
Additionally, a regular skincare regimen may help prevent and treat skin discomforts. Always keep your skin hydrated and clean. Apply the proper creams and lotions. Don’t scratch.
Talk to your doctor and seek medical assistance if your skin doesn’t get better and the dryness or itching is persistent to prevent future issues.
Related Tags: The 5 Best Diabetic Lotions to Relieve Dry and Itchy Skin