Activate Tangerine Credit Card – Hello readers! I’m happy to be writing this blog post on behalf of Tangerine Bank. First off, I’d like to say that I am not being paid or compensated in any way for writing this blog post.
I will be discussing the topic of activating Tangerine credit cards and how simple it is to activate a card – as well as why you should do so as soon as possible after receiving your new card. For those unaware, Tangerine offers two credit cards: The Desjardins Odyssey World Elite MasterCard and the Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card.
Activate Tangerine Credit Card
As a Canadian bank, they offer clients accounts within Canada and also within many other nations such as the United States and China (currently under review by regulators).
Many clients may wonder why this card is so special. For starters, it gives 2% cash-back on all purchases up to $3000 purchase per month. The money you earn with your cash-back can be applied towards your credit card bill or can be directly transferred into your savings account (or other eligible accounts). It also offers the benefit of no annual fees for life! Like most, if not all Canadian credit cards, you will receive 12.99% interest rate until July 1st; after which date the cashback rates are lowered to 0.5%. You must spend at least $1000/month or else you forfeit any rewards accumulated for that month.
Activate Tangerine Credit Card Quick Tips
- Activate your card as soon as possible
- Do not wait until the last minute to activate your new credit card, especially if you are planning on making a large purchase. If for whatever reason you know that you will be unable to make the purchase immediately after receiving your credit card, I would recommend giving Tangerine a call and letting them know about it – they might be more willing to place the purchase on hold for 24 hours until you get home from work or something of that nature.
- Ensure all information is correct on the application before submitting (this includes name, date of birth, SIN number)
- Enroll in their rewards program to start earning points right away! Or else, why did you just spend $15000?
- Visit their website for more information on how to activate your credit card or contact them directly at 1-888-826-4374
Activate Tangerine Credit Card online
Step 1: visit http://tangerine.ca/credit-cards
Step 2: Click the orange button that says “Activate your Card”
Step 3: Enter your 16 digit card number and 9 digit zip code (Tangerine uses postal codes instead of ZIP codes) and click next
Step 4: You should receive a message stating whether your credit card has been activated or not; if you did not, call customer service at 1 888 826 4374 to verify. Enjoy! Activate Tangerine Card over the phone
We hope this has helped many learn how to activate their new Tangerine credit card as well as why it must be done immediately after receiving it in the mail. Thanks for reading and we hope you enjoy your new credit card!
Activate Tangerine Credit Card using the phone
Step 1: Call 1-888-826-4374 and press 0
Step 2: Press 5; this will prompt the system to jump straight to their client inquiries team.
Step 3: Tell them you would like to activate your new credit card (they may ask for some details such as your full name, date of birth, amount of time on file with Tangerine).
Step 4: Enjoy! Your credit card number should be entered automatically into your phone’s keypad after saying “Credit Card” otherwise, simply enter it yourself. Activate Tangerine Card using email
Activate Tangerine Credit Card using Mail
Step 1: Find a stamp and envelope…
Step 2: Write the following on the paper via pen or pencil:
Step 3: Write your 16 digit credit card number, 9 digit postal code (Tangerine uses postal codes instead of ZIP codes), 3-4 letter security code, as well as your full name. *Note that the security code is the last 3 digits before the expiry date on your credit card’s front side.
Step 4: Place the letter in an envelope and send it to
Activate Tangerine Card using Email
Step 1: Search for “Tangerine” in your email’s search bar
Step 2: Open any email sent from them about activating new cards
Step 3: Click “Activate” in the email and fill out the online form once it pops up (there’s a space for your 16 digit credit card number)
Step 4: Press submit and wait to receive confirmation that your card is activated or to receive an error message. You can then call 1-888-826-4374 to activate by phone. Activate Tangerine Credit Card online(Credit Card Number)
Activate Tangerine Credit Card Requirements
- You must have been approved for a credit card through Tangerine
- You need to have a valid Canadian SIN number. If you don’t know it, call 1-888-826-4374 and ask them to look it up for you as soon as possible, or else somebody else might apply for this credit card in your name!
- Before applying for the Activate Tangerine Card, ensure that you have all the necessary requirements — if so, visit http://tangerine.ca/credit-cards and click “Apply Now”. As always, we welcome your feedback on our articles – feel free to leave a comment below!
Activate Tangerine Credit Card Additional Tips
- Members of the rewards program will earn: 1 point for every $1 spent on purchases within Canada and up to 2.5 points for every $1 spent outside of Canada
- Any individual over 18 years old can apply, so be sure to get it if you’re a student or looking for an easy credit card with no fees!
- Your credit card number should only be given out after verifying your identity by asking you questions such as what’s your mother’s maiden name?