BMO Credit Card Activation – BMO Master Card Generally, a credit card is a system of payment that allows someone to borrow money from the bank. A person can use his or her credit card to buy things and pay later. Your monthly bill will include an interest rate for this type of transaction. How To BMO Online Cards Activation? A credit card number has a specific format as to how it looks like:
xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxx etc.
BMO Credit Card Activation
This means that the first six digits are used by the issuer to identify your account information and also confirm your identity, so it’s really important not to share these details with anyone else. The next two digits are known as “check digits” – they help confirm that your account number is valid and not a simple mistake. The final digit is like another check on the other numbers, ensuring that even if someone does get hold of your account number they still can’t use it to make purchases without entering in this last digit correctly. How To BMO Online Cards Activation?
This number has to be between 01-12 as per Master Card Standards. This article will tell you how you can activate a BMO credit card online now!
BMO Debit Card Activation Quick Tip
You’ll need to activate your debit card online before your first transaction, on the advice of BMO. The best way is via online banking – so you can do it straight away!
There are two methods available for Activating your credit card, so without wasting time let’s move on to methods.
# Method 1:
BMO Credit Card Activation Phone
If you prefer not to register for online banking at this stage, you can activate your BMO credit card by phone instead. Call 1-877-226-5604 from 8 am to midnight EST Monday through Friday and from 10 am to 5 pm EST on Saturdays.
When you call, they’ll ask for the 16-digit number printed on the front of your card (in place of where it says “Card Number”), your date of birth, and your home phone number. You can also choose to give them an alternate contact number where you can be reached in case there are issues activating your card.
You will get a confirmation message when it’s done (it could take up to 48 hours to show up in BMO Online Banking).
Some Quick Steps:
Step 1: Head to my account
Step 2: Click on Activate Card under Debit cards & prepaid.
Step 3: Select MasterCard
Step 4: Give your card a name, type in the 16-digit number printed on the front of your credit card (you can find this by looking through your wallet), set your expiry date, and confirm the CVC code. You’ll also be given a secret PIN that you can use to access your account online if you ever need to change anything.
Step 5: Click Activate.
Step 6: You’ll get a confirmation message when it’s done (it could take up to 48 hours to show up in BMO Online Banking). Please note, after making changes on your credit card, debit card, or cash back MasterCard, it will take up to 48 hours for any updates made on these cards to be reflected in BMO Online Banking.
# Method 2:
BMO Credit Card Activation Mail
If you prefer not to activate your credit card online or by phone, you can activate it with this method instead! Mail-in the following documents:
- A letter explaining that you would like to activate your MasterCard.
- A photocopy of the front and back of your credit card. The front should show your name, account number, expiry date, etc. The back should only contain the 16-digit number printed on the front (you can find this in your wallet). Please don’t send in any other cards or bank statements with these documents – the information we need is on the card itself!
Please mail all documents to BMO Credit Card Team P.O Box 6033 Station A Mississauga ON L4W 5K1 Canada
Once they receive your letter they will process it within 2 business days and send confirmation by post. You can use this confirmation to activate your card in BMO Online Banking once it arrives. Once you receive the confirmation in the mail, please destroy your photocopies immediately to protect against fraudsters.
Some Quick Steps:
Step 1: Mail in a letter explaining that you would like to activate your MasterCard
Step 2: Mail in a photocopy of the front and back of your credit card. The front should show your name, account number, expiry date, etc. The back should only contain the 16-digit number printed on the front (you can find this in your wallet). Please don’t send any other cards or bank statements with these documents – the information we need is on the card itself!
Step 3: Once they receive your letter it will take 2 business days to process and send confirmation.
Step 4: You can use this confirmation to activate your card in BMO online banking once you get it.
Step 5: Destroy the photocopies of the front and back of your credit card when you get the confirmation in the mail! (to protect against fraudsters)
If you cannot find your expiry date on your credit card, call 1-866-886-6262 or visit a branch. You can also check for individualized offers for new products that may be available by visiting bmo.com/WelcomeOffers (this link is case-sensitive). Before calling, please make sure you know your credit card number and full name, as well as the postal code you provided when you applied for your credit card.
Some quick steps:
Step 1: Head to bmo.com/WelcomeOffers and check for offers (this link is case sensitive)
Step 2: If no offers are available, call 1-866-886-6262 or visit a branch to find your expiry date
BMO Credit Card Activation ID Requirements
To activate a credit card or get a cash advance from a cashback MasterCard, you need to be at least 18 years old and provide proof of identity – like a passport or driver’s license (which must not be expired). You also need to be a Canadian resident with an address that we can validate. If we can’t validate this information we’ll either ask you for more information or we won’t be able to process your application completely. So make sure that you are valid!
- The same proof of identity you used to open your account will be the proof we use to validate your credit card application.
- If you are opening an account for someone else, please make sure they meet these requirements before applying.
- Once you activate your BMO credit card, it’s ready to go! You can then enjoy using it anywhere MasterCard is accepted (online or offline). If you do not want to use the online bill payment service, call 1-877-226-5604, select option 2 and follow the voice prompts.
- Please note – if you’re trying to activate your card outside of Canada, there might be a delay in processing the application as it needs special authorization from our head office first. We’ll contact you shortly with more information.
- If you have any problems with your BMO credit card, please contact one of our representatives at 1-877-226-5604, option 3 for English or option 4 for French. You can also visit a branch or call Business Banking Support at 1-800-361-2265.
BMO Card Activation Additional Tips:
-Make sure you have read the cardholder agreement before applying for a credit card
-Your social insurance number is not used to confirm your identity when opening an account. If it’s different from what you gave us when you applied, please provide this information when calling to activate your BMO MasterCard
-If you are trying to activate an existing credit card that has been lost or stolen, please contact 1-866-886-6262 for assistance.
- Your credit card will not be able to be used for online transactions until it has been activated.
- If you have any other issues activating your BMO MasterCard, please call 1-800-361-2265 or visit a branch.
For more information on what kind of card is this, this link may help: http://www.bmo.com/home/personal/credit-cards/index.html#content=Faqs_FAQs_10&locale=en_US&bhcp=1